Private Personalised Pampering and Massage at Rhapsody
Remedial, Swedish, Relaxation, Lymphatic Drainage, Ayurvedic are some of the pampering and massage options at Rhapsody. The masseurs are very popular and are available on a first come first serve basis, so remember to book early.
Spring Cleanse Pampering Package
- Foot Bath – Ginger, clove and peppermint foot soak helps drain the lymphatic system and aids circulation.
- Body Peel & Skin Polish – A mixture of flour and indian spices, ingredients are applied to the body and then exfoliated off. Truly exotic and balancing to the skin. For the skin polish, warm honey, milk and cucumber is then applied to the body and removed with warm towels to reveal naturally smooth skin.
- Mud Wrapsody – Mud is applied to the body and then client is wrapped in a warm blanket. Detoxifying and deeply relaxing.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage – This is a specific type of massage that stimulates the flow of lymphatic fluid throughout the body.
- Honey Facial – Starting with pressure points to the face, neck and shoulders are then massaged with a serum made from organic honey, herbal pastes, flower essences and homeopathic remedies. The serum is applied to stimulate the lymphatic system removing toxins and waste products. Cleanses, tones and moisturizes. Skin will feel beautifully soft and silky. Herbal teas are offered throughout treatment.
Total cost for Package is $285 per person. A saving of $60. Individual therapies above are from $30-$90. Please refer. Treatments to the value of $150.00 per booking/group is a requirement to book the in-house services.
Therapists are fully qualified. Industry registrations, personal & professional liability information available on request.
Leura Garden Festival
Springtime brings the Leura Garden Festival with free concert bands and performances at the many open gardens in Leura. A celebration of the arts, with the annual art competition, is on at the same time. September – November are special for the cherry blossoms that run down Leura mall. The gardens of Leura are famous for their magnificent displays of Azaleas, Rhododendrons and Camellias which combine to give a blaze of colour and beauty, attracting visitors from all parts of Australia and overseas. These are cold climate gardens and in every season, the gardens show-off their unique displays.
- All inclusive ticket for $16 to inspect all gardens including Everglades (children free); OR single gardens at $5 each. (Everglades at its normal admission of $6, $4 Concession.) A Trolley Shuttle will travel to all gardens, – Shuttle all-day ticket is $4.50
- For the first time in 2005 there will be a supplementary shuttle bus operated by volunteers. This vehicle will circle gardens and facilitate the movement between gardens of visitors who hold shuttle tickets.
- Mount Tomah and Mount Wilson house many lovingly landscaped and sculpted gardens open to the public all year round.
- Musical items and entertainment are free to Garden Festival visitors in spring. Only the normal fee for garden visits applies.
Bushwalking from your doorstep
Rhapsody ~ Leura Cascades, Approx 40 min one way
- Easier walk than to Pool of Siloam
- Very pretty cascades – walk a few more flights of stairs after to reach the cascades to see the cascading waters from the top
- There is a picnic area on the top. If not keen on walking, you can drive to the picnic area
Rhapsody ~ Echo Point, Approx two and a half hours one way
- A little longer walk but easy, following the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. Make a day trip of it and go onto the Scenic railway, Sceniscider and Skyway at Echo Point.
- Leura Cascades to Echo Point is 3km one way.
Rhapsody ~ Gordan Falls Lookout, Approx 10 min one way
- On a clear day you can see forever. Nice short walk to warm up with.
Rhapsody ~ Pool of Siloam, Lyre Bird Dell Approx 1 hour to Pool of Siloam, another half hour to Lyre Bird Dell, one way
- Cool walk in the shade with a pool to wade in.
More information from NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.
Other local attractions
- Jenolan Caves – Jenolan Caves are Australia’s premier show caves. Check out the cave concerts and operas
- Horse Riding – Set in the beautiful Megalong Valley, Werriberri and other Trail Rides offers enjoyable, inexpensive horse riding for all ages.
- Nostalgic Trolley Tours – Take a unique ride on a Mountainlink Trolley tour and enjoy the history and sights as you experience a travel feature of bygone days.
- Toy & Railway Museum – World famous collection of toys and dolls, teddy bears, tinplate, ships, automobiles, airplanes, trains including push button working models. Permanent Barbie Doll exhibition. NSW Railway memorabilia. Glorious 5 hectare historic Blue Mountains garden and family mansion.
- Art and Antique Galleries – Many contemporary artists who exhibit internationally call The Blue Mountains home. Their galleries are dotted throughout the mountains. On the way up
the mountains, why not stop by at the historic Norman Lindsay Gallery and Museum in Faulconbridge. This beautiful National Trust Property houses the valuable Norman Lindsay Collection.
- Scenic World – Sceniscender, Skyway, Railway. A must do for any first time visitor to the Blue Mountains. Great fun for the whole family. Bookings and enquires contact: Ph: 61-2-4782 2699 Fx: 61-2-4782 5675
- Aquatic Centres – Springwood and Katoomba. For those who love a splash and for the kids, these 2 modern aquatic centres have the latest fitness equipment and water slides, turbo pool and even a children’s beach area.
- Activities in the Wild – Bushwalks, Fishing ….Choose from the many guided bushwalks and fishing trips available. At Blue Mountains Rhapsody, a variety of bushwalks ranging from easy to expert, start virtually from the doorstep. For the more adventurous there are camping bushwalks to distant destinations, mountain biking, rock climbing and other thrill-seekers’ delights.
- Winter festival in the Mountains – A land of mystery and cold midsummer nights and mists and softness; sometimes snow on the hills and in the towns. This mysterious land stretches from the towns of Leura, Katoomba and Blackheath to Mount Victoria. Mystery turns to magic at winter solstice when Katoomba and Leura celebrate the Winter Magic Fesitval. Here the folk don their colourful costumes and ditch their inhibitions and celebrate a freedom which reflects their adoption by the land between the clouds. A Story by Peter Nicol.
Tell Them You Did It At Rhapsody
Should you desire a completely relaxing holiday, breakfast and dinner can be catered for. The breakfast is a continental breakfast basket, beautifully presented and delivered each evening when your personal chefs come to set up table, cook and serve your dinner. Of course they will also clean up after dinner.
Dinner can be a formal 3 course dinner with coffee/tea and truffles or a simpler casual 3 course dinner. You choose the setting – indoor or outdoor, dinner is always served with the most magnificent mountain views.
- Tell Them You Did It At Rhapsody offers the following, and more…….
- Intimate dinners
- Parties for up to 10 guests
- Cocktail parties
- Themed dinners for any special occasion
- Picnic baskets with home cooked goodies
- Hand made chocolates
- Preparation of food for your special occasion for you to cook for yourself